BMV-700H High Voltage Battery Monitor (60-385VDC)
The BMV-700H is a high-precision battery monitor that has been specially designed for systems with a high battery voltage ranging from 60 to 385 volts.
These battery monitors calculate the state of charge of a battery and keep track of the ampere-hours consumed from the battery by integrating the current flowing in or out of the battery.
They both come with a round head unit, a square bezel overlay, a screw ring for mounting, a 10m UTP RJ12 cable, a fused power supply cable, and a 500 A/50 mV shunt. Because of the high voltage application, the shunt is housed in a special enclosure.
Battery ‘fuel gauge’, time-to-go indicator, and much more
The remaining battery capacity depends on the ampere-hours consumed, discharge current, temperature, and the age of the battery. Complex software algorithms are needed to take all these variables into account.
Next to the basic display options, such as voltage, current, and ampere-hours consumed, the BMV-700 series also displays the state of charge, time to go, and power consumption in Watts.
Easy to Install
All electrical connections are to the quick-connect PCB on the current shunt. The shunt connects to the monitor with a standard RJ12 telephone cable. Included: RJ12 cable (10m) and battery cable with fuse (2m); No other components are needed.
Also included is a separate front bezel for a square or round display appearance and a securing ring for the rear mounting and screws for the front mounting.
BMV-700H: 60 to 385 VDC Voltage Range
No additional parts are needed. Note: This is suitable for systems with grounded negative only (the battery monitor is not isolated from the shunt).
- Battery voltage, current, power, ampere-hours consumed, and state of charge
- Remaining time at the current rate of discharge
- Programmable visual and audible alarm
- Programmable relay, to turn off noncritical loads or run a generator when needed
- 500 Amp quick connect shunt and connection kit
- Shunt selection capability up to 10,000 amps
- VE.Direct communication port
- Stores a wide range of historical events, which can be used to evaluate usage patterns and battery health
- Wide input voltage range: 6.5 – 95V
- High current measurement resolution: 10 mA (0.01A)
- Low current consumption: 2.9Ah per month (4mA) @12V and 2.2Ah per month (3mA) @ 24V
- Supply Voltage Range: 60 – 385 VDC
- Current Draw, Back Light Off: < 4mA
- Input Voltage Range, Auxiliary Battery: n. a.
- Battery Capacity (Ah): 1 – 9999 Ah
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 +50°C (-40 – 120°F)
- Measures Voltage of Second Battery, or Temperature, or Midpoint: No
- Temperature Measurement Range: n. a.
- VE.Direct Communication Port: Yes
- Relay: 60V / 1A normally open (function can be inverted)
Resolution & Accuracy (with a 500 A shunt):
- Current: ± 0.01A
- Voltage: ± 0.01V
- Amp Hours: ± 0.1 Ah
- State of Charge: (0 – 100%) ± 0.1%
- Time to Go: ± 1 min
- Temperature: n. a.
- Accuracy of Current Measurement: ± 0.4%
- Accuracy of Voltage Measurement: ± 0.3%
Installations & Dimensions:
- Installation: Flush mount
- Front: 63mm diameter
- Front Bezel: 69 x 69 mm (2.7 x 2.7 inch)
- Shunt Connection Bolts: M10 (0.3937 inches)
- Body Diameter and Depth: 52 mm (2.0 inch) and 31 mm (1.2 inch)
- Protection Category: IP55 (not intended for outdoor use)
- Safety: EN 60335-1
- Emission / Immunity: EN 55014-1 / EN 55014-2
- Automotive: ECE R10-4 / EN 50498
- Shunt (included): 500A / 50mV
- Cables (included): 10 meters 6 core UTP with RJ12 connectors, and cable with 1Amp slow blow fuse for ‘+’ connection
- Temperature Sensor: Optional (ASS000100000)
Please contact your dealer for any returns, repairs, or support issues related to this product.
Please contact your dealer for any returns, repairs or support issues related to this product.
Submit your review