MultiPlus 24/2000 – 50-50 – 120V – VE.Bus UL Approved
The MultiPlus, as the name suggests, is a combined inverter and charger in one elegant package. Its many features include a true sine wave inverter, adaptive charging, hybrid PowerAssist technology, and multiple system integration features.
Two AC Outputs
The main output has no-break functionality. The MultiPlus takes over the supply to the connected loads in the event of a grid failure or when shore/generator power is disconnected. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption.
The second output is live only when AC is available on the input of the MultiPlus. Loads that should not discharge the battery, like a water heater, for example, can be connected to this output (a second output is available on models rated at 3 kVA and more).
Virtually Unlimited Power Thanks to Parallel Operation
Up to six Multis can operate in parallel to achieve higher power output. Six 24/3000/70 units, for example, provide 15kW / 18kVA output power with 420 Amps of charging capacity.
Three Phase Capability
In addition to parallel connections, three units can be configured for three-phase output. But that’s not all: with three strings of six parallel units, a 45 kW / 54 kVA three-phase inverter and 1260 A charger can be built.
Split Phase Options
Two units can be stacked to provide 120-0-120 V, and additional units can be paralleled up to a total of 6 units per phase, to supply up to 30 kW / 36 kVA of split phase power.
Alternatively, a split-phase AC source can be obtained by connecting Victron’s autotransformer (see data sheet onwww.victronenergy.com) to a ‘European’ inverter programmed to supply 240 V / 60 Hz.
Power Control – Dealing with Limited Generator, Shore Side or Grid Power
The MultiPlus is a very powerful battery charger. It will therefore draw a lot of current from the generator or shoreside supply (nearly 20 A per 3 kVA MultiPlus at 120 VAC). With the Multi Control Panel, a maximum generator or shore current can be set. The MultiPlus will then take account of other AC loads and use whatever is extra for charging, thus preventing the generator or shore supply from being overloaded.
Powerassist – Boosting the Capacity of Shore or Generator Power
This feature takes the principle of PowerControl to a further dimension. It allows MultiPlus to supplement the capacity of the alternative source. Where peak power is often required only for a limited period, the MultiPlus will make sure that insufficient shore or generator power is immediately compensated for by power from the battery. When the load reduces, the spare power is used to recharge the battery.
Four-Stage Adaptive Charger and Dual Bank Battery Charging
The main output provides a powerful charge to the battery system by means of advanced ‘adaptive charge’ software. The software fine-tunes the three-stage automatic process to suit the condition of the battery and adds a fourth stage
for long periods of float charging. The adaptive charge process is described in more detail on the Phoenix Charger datasheet and on Victron’s website under Technical Information. In addition to this, the MultiPlus will charge a second battery using an independent trickle charge output intended for a main engine or generator starter battery.
System Configuring Has Never Been Easier
After installation, the MultiPlus is ready to go. If settings have to be changed, this can be done in a matter of minutes with a DIP switch setting procedure. Even parallel and 3-phase operations can be programmed with DIP switches: no computer is needed!
Alternatively, VE.Net can be used instead of the DIP switches. And sophisticated software (VE.Bus Quick Configure and VE.Bus System Configurator) is available to configure several new, advanced features.
- PowerControl: Yes
- PowerAssist: Yes
- Transfer Switch (A): 50
- Parallel and 3-phase Operation: Yes
- Input Voltage Range (V DC): 9,5 – 17 V 19 – 33 V
- Output: Output voltage: 120 VAC, ± 2% / Frequency 60 Hz ± 0,1%
- Continuous Output Power at 25°C (VA): 2000
- Continuous Output Power at 25°C (W): 1600
- Continuous Output Power at 40°C (W): 1450
- Continuous Output Power at 65°C (W): 1100
- Peak Power (W): 4000
- Maximum Efficiency (%): 92 / 94
- Zero Load Power (W): 9 / 11
- Zero Load Power in AES Mode (W): 7 / 8
- Zero Load Power in Search Mode (W): 3 /4
- AC Input: Input voltage range: 95-140 VAC / Input frequency: 45 – 65 Hz / Power factor: 1
- Charge Voltage Absorption (V DC): 14,4 / 28,8
- Charge Voltage Float (V DC): 13,8 / 27,6
- Storage Mode (V DC): 13,2 / 26,4
- Charge Current House Battery (A): 80 /50
- Charge Current Starter Battery (A): 4
- Battery Temperature Sensor: Yes
- Auxiliary Output: N.A.
- Programmable Relay: Yes (1x)
- Protection: a – g
- VE.Bus Communication Port: For parallel and three-phase operation, remote monitoring, and system integration
- General purpose com. Port: N.A.
- Remote On-Off: Yes
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 – +65°C / -40 to 150°F (fan-assisted cooling), Humidity (non-condensing) max 95%
- Common Characteristics: Material & Color: aluminum (blue RAL 5012) / Protection category: IP 21
- Battery-Connection: M8 bolts
- 120 V AC-Connection: Screw-terminal 6 AWG (13 mm2)
- Weight: 13 kg / 25 lbs.
- Dimensions (hxwxd in mm): 520 x 255 x 125 mm / 20.5 x 10.0 x 5.0 in.
- Safety: UL 458, EN-IEC 60335-1, EN-IEC 60335-2-29
- Emission, Immunity: EN-IEC 61000-3-2/3-3/, EN-IEC 61000-6-1/6-2/6-3
- Can be adjusted to 50 HZ
- Protection Key: Output short circuit, overload, battery voltage too high, battery voltage too low, temperature too high, 150 VAC on the inverter output, input voltage ripple is too high
- Non-linear load, crest factor 3:1
- Up to 75°F ambient
- Switches off when no external AC source is available
- Programmable Relay That Can, Among Other Things, Be Set for General Alarm Including DC Undervoltage or genset start/stop function / AC rating: 120 V/4A / DC rating: 4 A up to 35 VDC, 1 A up to 60 VDC / A.o. to communicate with a lithium-ion battery BMS
Please contact your dealer for any returns, repairs or support issues related to this product.
Submit your review