MultiPlus-II 48/5000 70-95 120V
The MultiPlus-II is a multifunctional inverter/charger with all the features of the MultiPlus, plus an external current sensor option that extends the PowerControl and PowerAssist function to 100A.
PowerControl and PowerAssist – Boosting the Capacity of the Grid or a Generator
A maximum grid or generator current can be set. The MultiPlus-II will then take account of other AC loads and use whatever is extra for battery charging, thus preventing the generator or grid from being overloaded (PowerControl function).
PowerAssist takes the principle of PowerControl to a further dimension. Where peak power is so often required only for a limited period, the MultiPlus-II will compensate for insufficient generator, shore, or grid power with power from the battery. When the load reduces, the spare power is used to recharge the battery.
Solar Energy: AC Power Available Even During a Grid Failure
The MultiPlus-II can be used in off-grid as well as grid-connected PV and other alternative energy systems. It is compatible with both solar charger controllers and grid-tie inverters.
Two AC Outputs
The main output has no-break functionality. The MultiPlus-II takes over the supply to the connected loads in the event of a grid failure or when shore/generator power is disconnected. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption.
The second output is live only when AC is available on the input of the MultiPlus-II. Loads that should not discharge the battery, like a water heater, for example, can be connected to this output.
Virtually Unlimited Power Thanks to Parallel, Split Phase, and Three Phase Operation
Up to 6 Multis can operate in parallel to achieve higher power output. Six 48/3000/35 units, for example, will provide 15 kW / 18 kVA output power with 210 Amps charging capacity.
In addition to parallel connection, two units of the same model can be connected for a 240V split phase output, and three units of the same model can be configured for three-phase output. But that’s not all: up to 6 sets of three units can be parallel connected per phase.
On-Site System Configuring, Monitoring, and Control
Settings can be changed in a matter of minutes with VEConfigure software (computer or laptop and MK3-USB interface needed).
Several monitoring and control options are available: Color Control GX, Venus GX, Octo GX, CANvu GX, laptop, computer, Bluetooth (with the optional VE.Bus Smart dongle), Battery Monitor, and Digital Multi Control Panel.
Remote Configuring and Monitoring
Install a Color Control GX or other GX product to connect to the internet. Operational data can be stored and displayed on our VRM (Victron Remote Management) website, free of charge. When connected to the internet, systems can be accessed remotely, and settings can be changed.
- PowerControl & PowerAssist: Yes
- Transfer Switch: 95A
- Maximum AC Input Current: 95A
- DC Input Voltage Range: 39 -66 V
- Output: Output Voltage 120 VAC ± 2% / Frequency 60 Hz ± 0,1% (1)
- Continuous Output Power at 25°C (3): 5000 VA
- Continuous Output Power at 25°C: 4000 W
- Continuous Output Power at 40°C: 3700 W
- Continuous Output Power at 65°C: 3000 W
- Peak Power: 9000 W
- Maximum Efficiency: 96%
- Zero Load Power: 15 W
- Zero Load Power in AES Mode: 10 W
- Zero Load Power in Search Mode: 3 W
- AC Input: Input Voltage Range 90-140 VAC / Input Frequency: 45 – 65 Hz
- Charge Voltage ‘Absorption’: 57,6 V
- Charge Voltage ‘Float’: 55,2 V
- Storage Mode: 52,8 V
- Maximum Battery Charge Current (4): 70 A
- Battery Temperature Sensor: Yes
- Auxiliary Output: Yes (42 A)
- External AC Current Sensor (optional): 100 A
- Programmable Relay (5): Yes
- Protection: a – g
- VE.Bus Communication Port: For parallel, split phase, and three phase operation, remote monitoring and system integration
- General Purpose Com. Port: Yes, 2x
- Remote On-Off: Yes
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 to +65°C (-40 – 150 °F) (fan-assisted cooling)
- Humidity (Non-Condensing): Max 95%
- Material & Color: Steel, blue RAL 5012
- Protection Category: IP22
- Battery-Connection: M8 bolts
- 120 V AC-Connection: Screw terminals 35 mm² (2 AWG)
- Weight: 32 kg / 71 lb.
- Dimensions (hxwxd): (mm) 676 x 330 x 164 / (inch) 26.6” x 13.0” x 6.5”
- Listings: UL1741 pending
- Safety: EN-IEC 60335-1, EN-IEC 60335-2-29, CSA 22.2 107.1-16
- Emission, Immunity: EN 55014-1, EN 55014-2, EN-IEC 61000-3-2, EN-IEC 61000-3-3, EC 61000-6-1, IEC 61000-6-2, IEC 61000-6-3
*Note: For a short period of time this product was called MultiGrid-II
Please contact your dealer for any returns, repairs or support issues related to this product.
Submit your review